Saturday, January 11, 2014

Scholar

After some nudging from my company mates, I went after the scholar job.  So, I found myself back at Limsa Lominsa and the Arcanist guild. They sent me to the Marauder's guild, where I met a little one by the name of Alka Zolka who is different then the others. Intelligent and wordy. Apparently she had translated some tablets. But, they were stolen.

A quick trip to eastern La Noscea and a race across the sands led me to her, where she had come across the bandits. The fight was quick and brutal, with the bandits dieing off before us. She was excited at finding a tablet containing a military treatise. And I found the fairies of Eos and Selune. New familiars to serve me and my role as scholar.

Alka asked me to meet her back at the Marauders guild, where she hopefully have more of the tablets translated. It turns out the crystal was the Soul of the Scholar. Knowing little about the ways of the arcane, she entrusted me with the crystal.

I took a moment to familiarize myself with my new allies. Eos was a healer. She could regenerate my allies, place protection upon us and improve our healing . Selene offered support. Silencing my enemies while speeding my allies up. A quick run of a dungeon allowed me to learn my abilities quickly.

It didn't take long before Alka was ready. More of the tablet was translated and he had news for me. Apparently, my power came from the fairy who had forgotten most of it. So, it was now my task to help her remember. A quick jog to a familiar place should remind her. So, a journy to the city, or rather ruins, of Nym in Outer la Noscea

A quick check of my map revealed that I had yet to journey there. So this was a trip for both of us. A quick flight through a bunch of kobolds brought us to Camp Overlook. A quaint little place. but merely a stop on our journey to the ruins.

The ruins were filled with whispers. Ancient lore long forgotten. Massive coeurls and golems made of basalt blocked our way. The whispers were having a clear effect. The faery was starting to remember. We were ready to leave. But, not before taking a glance at the Nymian ruins in the distance.

While there, the faerie remembered some of the ancient power. When we returned, Alka was surprised by our discovery, promising to continue studying the tablets to reveal some discoveries of her own.

When next I saw her, Alka was excitedly babbeling about Marauder techniques and footwork. Upon seeing me, she pulled me aside. She had a problem she needed my assistance with. A tonberry had wandered out into Bronze Lake. And the marauders had been dispatched to defeat it. She asked for my assistance, pointing out that tonberries had claimed a nymian temple and were most likely ancient enemies of the fairy. Perhaps fighting them would rekinde more memories.

We met at the temple in Bronze Lake.The tonberry was most peculiar, wearing a graduate's cap and tassle, as well as glasses. However, it soon charge us, summoning slimes to aid it. We made short work of the slimes, and Alka charged to strike the killing blow. However, as she did, my faerie charged in front, stopping her. The tonberry stared at her for a moment in shock, before running off.

Alka was upset, knowing that her boss would be unhappy. But meanwhile, I knew that something was up. My faerie knew the tonberry. Somehow.

Still, Alka encourage me to gain better control over my faerie. She does not undestand. She is not a simple summon. She is a living creature. With a mind of her own and her own memories. I look forward to what those memories reveal.

Levels:

Arcanist: 41 -> 44

No comments:

Post a Comment