Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crafting cross class skills!

So, I have gotten all of my crafting skills over 15! This means I have unlocked all the first tier of cross-class skills. Each of them is interesting in their own way. But some are more useful then others.

Before we get to that, I'd like to send out the call. This blog has recieve no followers. And no comments. I would appreciate it if this changed. By following the blog, you'll get updates when I post them. And by posting comments, I'll hear what you think of this blog. And what your thoughts are on my posts. I want to know that I'm gettng repeat traffic. That people aren't just glancing at my blog, and deciding that it isn't worth their time. So, if you would, please follow and comment. Or even follow me on Twitter! @FFXIV50. Thank you. Now, onto the cross-class skills!

Careful Synthesis: (Weaver) Efficiency: 90%, Success Rate: 100%. Increases progress.

This is my new progress skill. I only use this. No risk of failure. Once you know how much each use gives, you know how many times you need to use it. Straight up awesome.

Hasty Touch: (Culinarian) Efficency: 100%, Success Rate: 50%. Increases quality and requires no CP

You see this here? I love this baby! Oftentimes i've run out of CP, still had Durability to go. Progress just needed one pop to complete and quality was still low. I could waste time popping this off to try and get that quality up, and then just slap on the final touch. This has gotten me more HQ items then I care to count.

Ingenuity: (Blacksmith) CP 24. Lowers recipe level to current level for the next five steps

This ability.. is a bit iffy. By lowering the level to your current level, this gives you a bigger boost in progress and  raising quality. But honestly, only use this if you are doing really high level stuff. Considering that most of the time, you'll be repeating lower level recipes, this should only have a temporary spot on your toolbar.

Manipulation: (Goldsmithing) CP 88. Restores 10 points of durability after each step for the next three steps

This skill should replace Master's Mend if you are still using it. It does the same thing, except you don't have to wait to use it. Plus, if you are using skills that don't remove durability, you'll regain it.  Not one I often use though.

Rapid Synthesis: (Armorsmithing) Efficiency: 250%, Success Rate: 50%. Increase progress

If you feel like taking some risks, this is an awesome ability. Simply pop Steady Hand first, so the Success Rate will climb to 70%. You'll be getting 50+ on your progress.

Rumination: (Carpenter) Removes Inner Quiet effect and restores CP proportional to the number of times control was increased

As someone who always uses Inner Quiet, this skill is somewhat useful. You click Inner Quiet at the beginning, and you just plow through your crafting. If you have Durability left over, but not enough CP, you pop this baby and get back to work!

Tricks of the Trade: (Alchemist) Restores 20 CP. Can only be used when material condition is Good.

If you prefer to fly by the seat of your pants, this skill is useful. Every time the condition changes to Good, you pop this baby and gain 20 cp. The tradeoff is that you don't get to use that condition change to improve your quality, and it increments the steps. 

Waste Not: (Leatherworking) CP: 56. Reduces loss of Durability by 50% for the next 4 steps.

This is one of my favourites! It gives your four steps for the price of two! Its also rather cheap in comparison to some of the other Durability skills.

levels:

Arcanist: 31 -> 33

Armourer: 18 -> 21

Blacksmith: 15 -> 20

Carpenter: 16 -> 17

Conjurer: 8 -> 9

Culinarian: 13 -> 19

No comments:

Post a Comment