Thursday, January 23, 2014

Burgeoning Dread

There I was, enjoying a nice cup of milk, when I was alerted to a new threat to the land! a woman, screaming about the end of the world! She told me that the signs were all there! Flames from the heaven, tree-burying blizzards, cyclones carrying off packs of goobbues. I could only scratch my head in bewilderment, as I had yet to see any of these weather phenomena.

Turns out the woman was a reporter. And well... we all know how much they exaggerate. Still, she offered me a chance to be part of the story. And business was rather slow. So I agreed to explore this out.

Apparently, the commander of the Serpents believed this to be a Garlean plot. And I was to find proof that this was of otherwoldly origins. So i was off, to East Shroud. A quick hop, skip, and jump on chocobo. Imagine my surprise, to find dozens of adventurers already there. apparently, news travels fast.

Soon after, a spriggan, covered in rocks, appeared. The adventurers began their battle, tearing the spriggan to shreds. No sooner was it defeated, then a strange voice was heard, speaking in rhyme. The owner soon appeared. A massive Lalafell! She sent her spriggan minions after us, while she cast her spells. It was truly terrifying. However, just like her minion, she was made short work of.

The adventurers scattered after she dissappeared. But, I saw something, lying on the ground. It was a little doll. The kind I used to play with as a kitten. Well, this was proof that the Garleans weren't involved. As I doubt any of them even had a childhood. Proof in hand, I went to the Adder's Nest.

The commander mocked me for bringing him a doll, questioning my maturity. Oh, my fur was getting all ruffled. And then, the earth shook. The massive creature was back! Getting a better look at it, I realized it was not a Lalafell. Though, the resemblance was uncanny. And on top of it, was a smaller version! Lalafell sized! She jumped down, and the creature changed, becoming a small doll.

The commander was infuriated by the sorceress' demands that we grovel for mercy. A quick battle of wits and mockery ensued. The creature's name was soon revealed. Shantatto. And she had indeed, traveled from another dimension. She was here to save us... by destroying everything and making her own empire.

She thanked me for destroying her golem earlier. Giving me the shrunken form of her newest one as a reward. However, she warned me that I had better treat her right, or she would set my pants alight. Great. Now I'm rhyming!

Either way, she returned to her own dimension to prepare for the invasion. As for the doll she gave me, it was apparently still able to conquer a nation in its shrunken state. Hearing this, I quickly snuck away with my kitty stealth, hiding it away before the soldiers could demand it be turned over.  After all... it was adorable!

Levels:

Alchemist: 30

Armorer: 25

Blacksmith:  25 -> 26

Botanist:  26 -> 27

Carpenter: 27

Conjurer: 22

Culinarian:  25 -> 27

Fisher: 22 -> 23

Goldsmith: 30

Leatherworker: 27 -> 28

Miner: 26 -> 30

Thaumetergist:  18 -> 21

Weaver: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment