Sunday, January 19, 2014

Arcanist 50!

 The first time is always special! Finally got my first class to 50! And with it, opens up more possibilities. I now have access to end game content. Hard Mode and Extreme Mode dungeon. Relic weapons and Darklight armor. And that isn't including the other 18 classes I've still got to level up.

But before that, I've got Job quests to complete! First, I headed to Gridania and Y'mhitra. She was in tears! Her college, the one investigating Tristan, was murdered! Together, we hurried to Mor Dhona, to investigate. With Titan-egi out for protection, we questioned the survivor.

They had found a soulcrystal! Tristan attacked and stole it. He had ran off with it, heading toward some place called the Singing Shards. It was time for this to end.

We found him there... talking to a man in a black mask! An Ascian of the Twelfth Chalice. Tristan tossed him three summoner soulcrystals. The man promised to extract the summoner's knowledge from them, as well as an elder primal, giving him the power.

He laughed when he saw us, saying that he had orchestrated our every move! That he would use his new power to eliminate the beast tribes. To prevent the primals from rising again. Tristan summoned his new beast. Belial Egi. And the fight was on.

Belial was powerful. I could barely hold him off. And then, Tristan did something that shouldhave been impossible! He absorbed his egi! Its powers increased his, allowing him to cast meteors down from the sky. Smaller elementals, Black Claws, were summoned. The battle was fierce. But finally, through Y'mhitra's help, he was defeated.

It was then he revealed his motives. His brother had been tempered by a primal. Forced to worship it and do its bidding. Through the power of the summoners, he had hoped to wipe out the beast races. He had killed his brother, and performed many a vile deed to claim the powers he had.

Tristan swore to tear the soulcrystal from my blasted form, and summoned his egi once more. However, the strain was too much. The egi exploded, and he was consumed. A sad end, to a blackened heart.

We returned to Gridania. Y'mhitra thanked me for my valient battles, and awarded me a final piece of Allascan armor. The Evoker's Doublet. Found at the same dig site as the soulcrystals. However, there was more. A whispering from the soulcrystal revealed to me the true power of my Egi. A power hidden deep within. One that would aid me in the future.

With that task completed, I headed to Limsa Lominsa. Alka came running to meet me, with reports of another Tonberry emerging from the Wandering Palace. The marauders were heading out in greater numbers to prevent it from escaping. She urged me to keep my fairy under control as we returned to Upper La Noscea.

I recognized the Tonberry. It was the same from earlier. But, it appeared to be enveloped in dark magics. Alka was ready for battle! Meanwhile, the Tonberry warned us. Warned its 'Sun' to stay away. The Tonberry ran, hiding inside the Wandering Palace. We followed, attacked by many other tonberrys. Soon, the wanderer came out, summoning a corrupted fairy to aid it. The battle was hard fought. but finally it was weakened. Alka made to strike the final blow, only for my fairy to once more block it. I knew what it wanted, and I cast my healing magic on the wanderer.

The magic removed the corruption from the Tonberry. It called my fairy Lily, and asked why she was here. It turns out, he had been a scholar named Surito Carito. 1500 years ago, a disease had been brought to Nym, transforming the infected into Tonberry. The scholars had tried to stop it, only to be infected themselves.

He thanked me for reuniting him with Lily, and for a moment, in the fairy's light, I saw him as he once was. The maruaders returned to the guild, while Surito wished to speak with me. The soulcrystal no longer worked for him, and he could no longer summon Lily. So, he bequethed it to me, and taught me his most powerful art, Lustrate. Gifting me a robe, he thanked me.

Levels:

Levels:

Alchemist: 25

Arcanist:  47 - 50, COMPLETE!

Armorer: 25

Blacksmith:  25

Botanist:  26

Carpenter: 25

Conjurer: 22

Culinarian:  25

Fisher: 22

Goldsmith:  25

Leatherworker: 26

Miner: 26

Thaumetergist:  15

Weaver: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment