Monday, December 16, 2013

The Beginning: The creation of an arcanist. Level 1 thru 15

After discussing it with Michael, I decided that I knew what I was going to be. My favorite class in all the Final Fantasy games. The Summoner! A class based around combat pets and DoTs. Thats when I realized. They are basically the Final Fantasy version of the Warcraft Warlock! And that being my main on Warcraft, it was practically built for me!

So, on the 6th, while we were playing D&D, I had my laptop installing and updating the game. When we were done, I loaded it up, and began the character creation. I had to laugh as I cut down her height and enlarged her breasts. Watching her shock as I flipped from the starter clothes to nude and back. I played with her emotes and smiled. Knowing the main requisite class for the Summoner, I choose her class as Arcanist. Gave her the god of Destruction as her deity, and finished the process. Demana Demonica was reborn!

As a catgirl.... Yeah, she wasn't too enthused about that. Ah well. I logged onto Behemoth server while she grumbled about a craving for fish, and began my adventure.

The cutscenes were interesting. I knew from the start the black masked man would be trouble. Little did I know how early I would have to deal with him. But, my airship soon landed and I disembarked into Limsa Lominsa.

I was immediately accosted by the npcs forcing me to listen to them jabber on about the troubles of the country. Like I cared. I waited it out, registered at the adventurer's guild, and was immediatly yelled at by the law! I swear, its like people have a thing against catgirls! First I almost get executed in Skyrim, simply for crossing the border illegally. And now I'm being accused of kidnapping! I mean, if it was stealing I could understand. I do tend to have sticky fingers. But kidnapping?

Anyways, after that little debacle was over, I began my explorations. I was surprised at how many quests I was able to do, simply by running around the town talking to people. I was level three before I even stepped out of the town. And that was when I was introduced to the FATE system.

I was a bit surprised to find the town guard running out after me. I thought we had cleared everything up? Boy was I surprised to find they weren't after me... but apparently a bunch of rabid sheep. I blinked, then remembered that someone or other had a thing against sheep too, and dashed in after them.

The battle brought back memories. Here I was, with my shadow bolt Ruin, and my agony Bio. And then, I hit level 4... and got my imp Carbuncle! The circle was now complete. I truly felt like a warlock again!

Anyways, I sound found myself a free company. And made some new friends. We chatted. They gave me some information about how things are done in game. And I shared my unique sense of humor with them.

It wasn't long before I ran into the black masked man again. In some cave. I forget its name. Anyways, he had apparently caused some trouble with big dumb looking guys I had seen stumbling around, and it was attacking me. The battle was joined by another arcanist, and we blew it away. She rambled on about disturbances in the aether, but I was too distract by a shiny on the ground to care.  Picking it up, I was assaulted with a vision. Of a massive monolith of crystal! As big as the town I had just come from!

I think there was some voice telling me something, but I was too busy trying to come up with an estimated value for the massive crystal I saw before me. And then I came out of the vision, to find the other catgirl standing over me. No massive crystal in sight. Le sigh. Looks like I'd have to continue to earn gil the hard way. By slaying random beasties that had the misfortune of crossing my path.

Soon, I was level 15, and my guild master had something for me. A new summoning spell!  I eagerly cast it, waiting to see what monstrosity I would call forth... and got a pikachu. I was a bit dissappointed. I already had a blue one. What was a little color change going to do?

Soon we set out to explore a merchant vessel, and were attacked by its captain! Apparently, they had a bunch of illegal goods. I sent my pikachu after them... and was amazed by its tanking abilities! It kept the pirates off me, as I blasted them and healed my allies.The combat was feirce, and I think my fellow arcanist lost her tome. But all that was forgotten as a familiar threat was on the horizon.

It was the man in the black mask! Appears he was behind the kidnapping! Him and a bunch of fish worshipping pirates! I knew by now how to deal with pirates. But then blacky decided to suprise me and send out his own summon to fight me. A gargoyle! That's right! A freaking gargoyle! And here I was with my yellow rodent... Didn't seem fair, really.

The battle didn't take long. For all its fierce appearence, the gargoyle was a push over. And so was mister mask. I gave a sigh of relief as i blew him away. Surely the threat was over? He was gone. Some black crystal he had was destroyed. And I could return to the important things. Like making money!

I returned to a hero's welcome, and a banquet in my honor. One that had a dress code that only required me to wear some fancy shoes. I could have probably gone in my skivies, as long as I wore those shoes. But I decided against it, heading there in my regular clothes with my new shoes. She discussed what was going on, I had another vision. And soon, I was off again. But this time, with an airship at my disposal, and 18 more classes waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment