Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Patch 2.1

Had a busy day at work the day before, and an early day today. so I wasn't able to explore much of the new patch until this evening. One of the changes that lept out at me was the change to the menu system. Seeing most of the buttons missing, my first reaction was to reset the UI and the graphics. After that, I began experimenting with the buttons. To my relief, everything was still there!

I do like how teleport now displays the area the location is. Less teleporting to where you don't want to be.The buttons now have the short cut key easily displayed, which would have been helpful a few days ago when I was wondering if there was an quick button press for the armory chest. I wish I could comment on housing, but that will have to wait until my guild has earned the gil for one. we are a few mil short, if anybody wishes to send me some! I promise they will all go to the guild ^~^

Anyways, headed out of the inn and started up on the level 15 botany quest. Took me a bit to find where I was going, which lead to another discovery. The map has been changed. Subsection names are larger then before. Which is awesome. Makes it look more and more like an actual map.

Upon completion of the quest, I open my armory chest to equip my new scythe, and came to another change. The character screen now displayed the average item level of my gear, which was useless at this point. But what was more interesting, was instead of an x showing what gear I could not equip, the boxes were shaded and darker. Further inspection of the armory screen revealed a little icon in the lower right corner of some of my gear. Looks like a note. This marks equipment that is part of a gear set. Letting you know which ones you have in a class, so you don't accidently sell a piece.

Taking a look at the patch notes, I had to squee. What can I say? When it comes to cool useless collectables, like different mounts and minions, I'm a whore.





Those look so awesome! I will be keeping up to date on where they drop and what i have to do to get them. I'm expecting at least one to be tacked onto the rep grind.

I was hoping to give the duty rotation a try. But after doing my supply and provision runs, i didn't have time. Perhaps tomorrow!

Level Increase:

Alchemist: 7 -> 8
Armorer: 10 -> 11
Blacksmith: 10 -> 11
Botanist: 17-> 18
Culinarian: 10 -> 11
Goldsmith: 11 -> 12
Leatherwork: 7 -> 8
Mining: 21 -> 22
Weaver: 17 -> 18

No comments:

Post a Comment