Friday, December 20, 2013

Seals and levels

So, some of you may have noticed that my levels are all over the place. That's because, with my work, I don't have too much time to play. So, I've been doing supply and provision runs from my Grand Company. Saving my Leves up. And earning seals.

Most people suggest doing FATEs. I am rather amazed how quickly I gain them from doing supply and provision runs.A bit of advice: Work to craft/gather HQ items. You get bonus xp and seals for turning in HQ items for the quests.

So, what is my strategy for HQ items? Well, HQ components are a start. But, you probably don't want to spend all that time farming. Just gather the main stuff. Copper and iron ore to make Bronze Ingots, for example.

Then, there is the proper rotation of crafting skills. First, raise the completion, until one more attempt would complete it. Then, use Steady Hand to raise your chance of success. Use a quality raising ability until you are down to 10 durability, then restore durability with Master's Mend. If you are out of CP, then complete the item.

When gathering, use Leaf Turn and Unearth to raise the chance of gathering HQ items.

If you use all HQ components, then the quality bar will already be half filled. That's the easy part. The more you've filled the bar, the more you gain when you raise the quality.  Even if it isn't HQ, you still gain much more xp for completing.

I've noticed that, while I've been getting quite a few page views, I haven't recieved any comments. So, I thought I'd ask a question. Feel free to answer in the comments. What is your favorite way to level your other classes?

Levels

Alchemist: 8 -> 14

Botanist: 16 -> 17

No comments:

Post a Comment