Monday, March 3, 2014

Little Ladies Day

I was heading out for a bite to eat, when I noticed the beautiful decorations in every city. A little investigating brought me to Ul'dah and a lalafell. He announced that today was Little Lady's Day, a day when gentlmen became seneschals, servents to all young ladys. I was so excited! I could use a personal servent!

The biggest event was the doll contest. Townsfolk all over were tailoring dresses for dolls in the likeness of Princess Edvya, the patron of the festival. The ladies would then vote on the best doll. With a big reward.

I perked up at this. The Royal Seneschal suggested I buy a doll, and work on my own. there was no way I was going to turn this down! First the doll, then the manservents!

A quick trip to my favourite goldsmith Serendipity revealed that they were swapped with orders for the Princess Edvya dolls. Seeing my downturned face, she came up with a brilliant plan. The guild would make its own doll, and then show it off to all before auctioning it! I was tasked with traveling the realm, showing it off to get all the young ladies voting.


I was surprised at seeing the beautiful little dolly, and moved to pick it up. Imagine my surprise when it scooted along on its own! Trust Serendipity to turn a cute doll into an automaton. Still I had my task. Off I was to traverse the realm!

First stop, Gridania! Tossing cherry blossoms above her, I showed off the beautiful Princess to all the girls. Meanwhile, keeping my eyes out for any young men worthy to be my loyal servants! While I did a great job on the first, alas, all the good guys were taken already.

With reports that our little Princess was quickly becoming the talk of the town, I headed to Limsa Lominsa. The doll was a hit. However, I quickly left, as a horde of girls decided that someone with such a cute doll had to be their seneschal!

The doll was beginning to act weird... refusing to leave my side. Serendipity gave her a quick check up. After verifying that she was still working properly, she sent me off another another PR mission. This time, I was to dance for the gathering dignitaries in Ul'dah.

As I did my happy little kitty dance, I was surprised to see some movement from the doll as well. Was she joining me in my dance? Nah. Had to be a trick of the light.

Still, my job complete, I returned to Serenity. As she announced that the Princess was all but ready to be auctioned off, I saw it. The heart broken look on her face. Serendipity panicked, jabbering about her core being broken. I pressed her for answers, finding out that she had added a mammot core to the doll, practically giving it sentiance. *sigh* Only Serendipity would do this

Fearing for the dolls safety, I was sent after peach blossoms. Apparently, the core needed a special oil made from them. however, it appeared to be too late. The doll remained motionless. Even worse, the voting was done. And having heard nothing, Serendipity sighed, asking me to take the doll with me. It wasn't the reward money from the contest. But it was something.

No sooner did I agree to keep her, then the doll started moving again! she clung happily to me, to my embarrassment. I sighed as I headed home, not a gil richer, with a happy little princess following me.

Levels:

Alchemist: 30

Archer: 4 -> 12

Armorer: 35

Blacksmith: 31

Botanist: 44 -> 46

Carpenter:  44 -> 50!

Culinarian: 37

Fisher:  31

Gladiator: 1 -> 5

Goldsmith:  32 -> 33

Leatherworker: 32

Marauder: 1 -> 6

Miner: 41 -> 43

Thaumetergist:  27

No comments:

Post a Comment